Website Dunlop Truck Centres
Shop Foreman – Taber, AB
We are seeking an experienced Shop Foreman to lead our team of skilled technicians and service advisors at our busy heavy-duty truck repair shop. The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills, excellent technical knowledge, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a high level of quality and safety.
ABOUT DUNLOP TRUCK CENTRES
Family-owned since 1964, Dunlop Truck Centres is driven by a passion for people – most importantly, our employees. With continuous training and development, our employees are constantly being promoted within the ranks moving our company forward as we grow and expand, which is why we received Employer of the Year.
Our repeat customers earned us the 2017 MDA Dealer of Excellence Award that keeps our State-of-the-Art shop busy and growing.
We have invested over 50 years’ worth of commitment to our brand and customers, let us now invest in you. We are growing and need top talent to progress with us. Apply today!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Health and dental plan include long-term disability, life insurance, dependent life insurance, critical illness, out of country coverage.
- Extremely competitive wage based on certification completion and maintaining certification.
- Deferred profit-sharing plan for journeyman technicians and management.
- Training and education reimbursement.
- Automotive parts at cost plus 10%, use of shop when available.
- Corporate functions such as Christmas party and other events.
- Supervise and manage the work of technicians to ensure quality workmanship and timely completion of repairs.
- Develop and implement work schedules to maximize efficiency and productivity of the shop.
- Diagnose complex mechanical and electrical issues and provide technical assistance to technicians as needed.
- Work with customers to understand their repair needs and provide accurate estimates for repair work.
- Ensure that repairs are completed to industry standards and within the designated time frames.
- Monitor inventory levels of shop tools and supplies and order as needed to maintain stock levels.
- Maintain accurate records of repairs, maintenance, and inventory.
- Provide training and guidance to technicians to ensure they are up-to-date on the latest repair techniques and safety practices.
- Oversee the maintenance of shop equipment to ensure it is in good working condition.
- Conduct safety meetings and ensure all safety protocols are followed to maintain a safe work environment.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as sales and customer service, to ensure that the needs of the customers are met.
- Handle customer complaints or issues that arise and work to resolve them in a timely and professional manner.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- In-depth knowledge of heavy-duty truck repair and maintenance procedures
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex mechanical and electrical problems
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Proficiency with computer-based diagnostic tools and software
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to safety
- Manage a team of technicians and ensure work is performed efficiently and safely
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex mechanical and electrical problems
- Provide technical assistance and training to technicians as needed
- Ensure all repairs are completed to industry standards and within designated time frames
- Maintain accurate records of repairs, maintenance, and inventory
- Communicate with customers regarding repairs and provide excellent customer service
- Ensure the shop and equipment are maintained in a safe and clean manner
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in heavy-duty truck repair and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of industry safety standards and regulations
- Experience with managing a team of technicians
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time