Website Dunlop Truck Centres
Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician
Family-owned since 1964, Dunlop Truck Centres is driven by a passion for people – most importantly, our employees. With continuous training and development, our employees are constantly being promoted within the ranks moving our company forward as we grow and expand, which is why we received Employer of the Year.
Our repeat customers earned us the 2017 MDA Dealer of Excellence Award that keeps our State-of-the-Art shop busy and growing.
We have invested over 50 years’ worth of commitment to our brand and customers, let us now invest in you. We are growing and need top talent to progress with us. Apply today!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Health and dental plan include long-term disability, life insurance, dependent life insurance, critical illness, out of country coverage.
- Extremely competitive wage based on certification completion and maintaining certification.
- Deferred profit-sharing plan for journeyman technicians and management.
- Training and education reimbursement.
- Automotive parts at cost plus 10%, use of shop when available.
- Corporate functions such as Christmas party and other events.
- Obtain repair orders from the Service Advisor/Service Manager and take to stall area.
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs, as indicated on work order, with accuracy and efficiency in accordance with dealership and manufacturing standards.
- Inspect and diagnose the source of any malfunction and perform repair.
- Communicate with the Parts Department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts requested by customer or under warranty.
- Examine the vehicle to determine the need or additional safety or service work.
- Notify Service Advisor immediately if further work is necessary, if work outlined is not needed, or repairs cannot be completed within the allotted timeframe.
- Document work performed.
- Road-test vehicles to quality check work performed or refer to Shop Foreman.
- Responsible for practical instructions and support for any assigned Apprentice Mechanics / Technicians.
- Attend factory-sponsored training sessions.
- Maintain a neat and orderly shop area.
- Account for any dealership-owned tools.
- Follow all company and manufacturer policies, directives, and procedures.
- Comply with required health & safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Work in a safe manner, be safety conscious on the job and co-operate with the employer in the health and safety measures set by the employer.
- Continually be an ambassador for Dunlop Truck Centres.
- Positive feedback from advisors and customers.
- Efficiency and timeliness in completing work order.
- High School Diploma.
- Licensed technician.
- 3-5 years’ experience in heavy duty and diagnostic vehicle repair.
- Required valid class 5 driver’s license
- Preferred class 1 or 3 driver’s license
SKILL & EFFORT:
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to lift moderate weight with assistance.
- Good visual acuity to assess work performance.
- Strong problem-solving aptitude.
- Effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures.
- Computer literate.
- Manual dexterity.
- Frequently manage deadlines.
- Routinely stand during work hours.
- Routinely work with loud noise from the shop.
- Occasionally work outside of regular work schedule.
- Occasionally respond to emergency situations.
- Occasionally manage stressful situations involving upset or impatient people.
- Routinely work in an uncomfortable environment with possible risk of injury.
- Work environment necessitates proper personal protective equipment in keeping with health and safety requirements.