Dunlop Truck Centres
Body Shop Technician
Family-owned since 1964, Rocky Mountain Collision (a Div. of Dunlop Western Star)
is driven by a passion for people – most importantly, our employees. With continuous
training and development, our employees are constantly being promoted within the
ranks moving our company forward as we grow and expand which is why we
received Employer of the Year.
We have invested over 50 years’ worth of commitment to our brand and customers,
let us now invest in you. We are growing and need top talent to progress with us.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Family Owned & Operated
- State of the Art Facility
- Health & Dental Plans
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Training
- Bonus Incentives
- Great Culture
- Tenured Management Team – Over 150 years of experience!
- Promote From Within
- Uniforms & Laundry Service Provided
- Boot Allowance
- Discounts on Parts & Services
- Some Tools Provided
- Community Involvement
- Obtain repair orders from the Body Shop Manager and take to stall area.
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs, as indicated on work order, with
accuracy and efficiency in accordance with dealership and manufacturing
- Inspect and diagnose the source of any malfunction and perform repair.
- Communicate with the Parts Department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts requested by customer or under warranty.
- Examine the vehicle to determine the need or additional safety or service
- Notify Body Shop Manager immediately if further work is necessary, if work
outlined is not needed, or repairs cannot be completed within the allotted
- Document work performed.
- Responsible for practical instructions and support for any assigned Apprentice
- Attend factory-sponsored training sessions.
- Maintain a neat and orderly shop area.
- Account for any dealership-owned tools.
- Follow all company and manufacturer policies, directives, and procedures.
- Comply with required health & safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Work in a safe manner, be safety conscious on the job and co-operate with
the employer in the health and safety measures set by the employer.
- Great attitude
- Clean and professional
- Must have clean & valid driver’s license
- 3-5 years’ experience in automotive/Heavy Truck vehicle repair.
- Red seal certified preferred
SKILL & EFFORT:
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to lift moderate weight with assistance.
- Good visual acuity to assess work performance.
- Strong problem-solving aptitude.
- Effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures.
- Computer literate.
- Frequently manage deadlines.
- Routinely stand during work hours.
- Routinely work with loud noise from the shop.
- Occasionally respond to emergency situations.
- Occasionally manage stressful situations involving upset or impatient people.
- Routinely work in an uncomfortable environment with possible risk of injury.
- Work environment necessitates proper personal protective equipment in keeping with health and safety requirements.